Turkish Citizenship by Investment Programme
- It’s possible to be a Turkish Citizen by purchasing a property in Turkey that is worth a minimum of $400,000.
- The Spouse and children who are less than 18 years old will also be granted Turkish Citizenship.
- Your Turkish Citizenship will remain throughout your life and your children will be born as Turkish Citizens.
- You can keep multiple citizenships along with your Turkish Citizenship.
- Applicants are required to purchase a property in Turkey which is worth a minimum of $400,000. This can be fulfilled either by purchasing a single property or multiple properties, with provisions of regulations.
- The value of the property will be determined by an official valuation survey done by the authorities that are announced by the Banking Supervision Board. The value of the property must be at least $400,000 in the valuation report.
- The officially declared value of the property must be minimum of $400.000 at the time of the Notarized Sales Contract and/or of its ownership transfer at the Land Registry Office
- In case the property is purchased with a mortgage loan or is subject to mortgage by any means, the mortgage value will be deducted from the value stated in the valuation survey and the remaining amount will be taken into consideration.
- Applicants are required to keep the purchased property for at least 3 years. This commitment must be registered as an annotation on the Title Deed and/or on the Notarized Sales Contract.
- The Property purchase price must be paid to the seller via bank transfer to be supported by bank receipts that prove the transaction is made from the buyer’s account to the seller’s account.
- Any such property within this scope must not be registered under and foreign real person’s name including the applicant’s spouse or children; properties that have been transferred by the Applicant’s spouse or children after 12.01.2017 are not within the scope of the regulation.
for your all questions
FAQS ( Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I pay, $400,000, the price of the property with instalments?
No, the “Regulation” states that payment must be at once.
Can I buy an off-plan property for $4000,000 and still be eligible for Turkish citizenship?
Yes, with the recent amendment to the law, you can now acquire citizenship with an off-plan project in condition to provide a notarized contract.
Will Turkish citizenship be given only to the owner of the property?
Turkish citizenship will be given to the owner of the property, his/her spouse and his/her children under 18 years old.
What type of real estate can I invest in to be able to acquire the Turkish citizenship?
All immovables properties, like apartment, villa, land, hotels, farms… etc. are eligible for citizenship according to this regulation.
How can I be sure that I am getting the right value of my property investment?
As part of our services, we provide a licensed valuation approved by the Capital Market Board in accordance with valuation standards.
I already own a property in Turkey, can I apply for Turkish Citizenship?
The date of title deed acquirement must be after 19 September 2018, the date of the latest regulation announcement.
Can I invest $250,000 in more than one property and still be able to apply for Turkish citizenship through investment program?
Yes, foreigners who own properties with a total value of more than $ 250,000 are eligible to apply for Turkish citizenship.
Can I sell the property after applying for Turkish citizenship?
Yes, but you have to wait at least 3 years before you sell your property. You must write an official promise in the title deed stating that you commit not to buy the property before 3 years.